Chopped Tomato Salad
This ultra-simple preparation screams for ripe, juicy, in-season tomatoes. It's worth splurging on the best you can buy, or if you're lucky, pick them out of your own garden.
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007), The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine tomatoes, basil, oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper just before serving.
Nutrition Per serving:
65 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 9 mg sodium; 445 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (40% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv).
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat