Chunky Blueberry Sauce
Easy to make, this intensely flavored blueberry sauce is delicious at home on a stack of pancakes or a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt.
From EatingWell: August/September 2006, EatingWell for a Healthy Heart Cookbook (2008)
Yield: About 1 1/3 cups
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) blueberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Stir blueberries, honey, lemon zest and juice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to maintain a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; serve warm.
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
21 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 15 mg potassium.
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit