Chunky Peach Popsicles
Make sure to reserve a portion of the peaches as you puree the mixture so the pops will be packed with icy cold, chunky bits of fruit. For a grown-up twist, try adding 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh mint, lemon verbena or basil.
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Yield: 12 popsicles, 2 ounces each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 135
- 1 1/4 pounds ripe peaches, (3-4 medium), halved and pitted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coarsely chop peaches in a food processor. Transfer 1 cup of the chunky peaches to a medium bowl. Add lemon juice, orange juice and sugar to taste (depending on the sweetness of the peaches) to the food processor. Puree until smooth. Add to the bowl with the chunky peaches and stir in vanilla.
- Divide the mixture among twelve 2-ounce or eight 3-ounce freezer-pop molds (or small paper cups). Freeze until beginning to set, about 1 hour. Insert frozen-treat sticks and freeze until completely firm, about 1 hour more.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Store in the freezer for up to 3 weeks. | Equipment: Twelve 2-ounce or eight 3-ounce freezer-pop molds, or small paper cups with frozen-treat sticks
Nutrition Per Serving: 33 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 0 mg sodium; 90 mg potassium.
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit