Chunky Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Try this quick, full-flavored sun-dried tomato pesto with roasted vegetables or as a sandwich spread.Yield: 1/2 cup
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 10
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soft or reconstituted and chopped (see Tip)
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
Process sun-dried tomatoes, water, oil, garlic, pine nuts, vinegar, oregano and salt in a food processor until a rough pesto forms. Stir in cheese.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Tips: For this recipe, look for soft sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil). If you can only find tomatoes that are very dry (and hard), soak in boiling water for about 20 minutes, then drain and chop them before using.
- To toast pine nuts, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||5 g (1 g sat, 3 g mono)|
Carbohydrate Serving 0
Exchanges 1 fat
From EatingWell September/October 2010