Try this chunky orange-lime salsa on fish tacos or serve it with tortilla chips.
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
Yield: 4 servings, generous 1/3 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 navel oranges
- 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon seeded and minced serrano chile
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- With a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith from oranges and limes and discard. Cut the orange and lime segments from the surrounding membranes and coarsely chop.
- Gently toss the oranges, limes, cilantro, chile, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Nutrition Per serving:
78 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 73 mg sodium; 217 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (110% daily value).
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 fat
Try this recipe with: