This skinny margarita recipe saves 150 calories compared to traditional margarita recipes made with syrupy-sweet margarita mix and gets back to the basics—fresh lime juice, tequila and Triple Sec are all you need. Adding lime zest to the salt rim gives great flavor and cuts the salt in half.
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Yield: 4 servings, about 2/3 cup each
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, plus 1 lime wedge
- 1 cup seltzer or club soda
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) tequila
- 6 tablespoons (3 ounces) Triple Sec or Cointreau
- Combine lime zest and salt on a small plate. Combine lime juice, seltzer (or club soda), tequila and Triple Sec (or Cointreau) in a pitcher. Rub the rim of four 10-ounce glasses with the lime wedge and dip in the lime-salt. Fill the glasses with ice and top with the margarita mixture.
Nutrition Per serving:
181 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 9 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 101 mg sodium; 40 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value)
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (other), 1 oz alcohol