Cobb Egg Salad
The bacon, blue cheese and avocado in this egg salad make it decadent. Serve it open-face on a piece of toasted whole-grain bread.
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
Yield: 4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 hard-boiled eggs (see Tip)
- 1 ripe avocado, cubed
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic powder, pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
- Halve eggs and discard 4 of the yolks (or save for another use). Add whites and the remaining 4 yolks to the bowl and mash to desired consistency. Gently stir in avocado, bacon and blue cheese.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Nutrition Per Serving: 257 calories; 18 g fat (5 g sat, 9 g mono); 200 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 3 g fiber; 515 mg sodium; 447 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Folate (18% daily value)
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 medium-fat meat, 2 fat