Compote of Red & Green Grapes
Tossed with fresh orange zest and juice, fresh grapes make a delicious dessert. Serve with amaretti cookies to soak up the juices.
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 8 ounces seedless red grapes, (1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces seedless green grapes, (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Slice red and green grapes in half lengthwise and place in a medium serving bowl. Add orange zest and juice, sugar and vinegar and stir to dissolve sugar. Refrigerate until serving time, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Per serving:
98 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 26 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 3 mg sodium; 249 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (33% daily value).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 other carbohydrate