Corn, Arugula & Tomato Salad
Fresh corn and tomatoes make an especially attractive and delicious summer salad. Sweet corn balances the peppery arugula and tart tomatoes.
From EatingWell: Summer 2004
Yield: 6 servings, 1 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula, (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups corn kernels, (about 4 ears)
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine vinegar and shallots in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Whisk oil into the vinegar mixture until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Add arugula and toss to coat. Arrange the arugula on serving plates. Add corn and tomatoes to the bowl, toss to coat with the dressing that remains, then spoon the mixture over the arugula and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving: 193 calories; 15 g fat (2 g sat, 11 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 115 mg sodium; 407 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv).
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat