Corn, Arugula & Tomato Salad
Fresh corn and tomatoes make an especially attractive and delicious summer salad. Sweet corn balances the peppery arugula and tart tomatoes.Yield: 6 servings, 1 cup each
Active Time: 20
Total Time: 20
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced shallots
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 cups loosely packed arugula, (about 6 ounces)
- 2 cups corn kernels, (about 4 ears)
- 1 1/2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- Combine vinegar and shallots in a large bowl and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Whisk oil into the vinegar mixture until blended. Season with salt and pepper. Add arugula and toss to coat. Arrange the arugula on serving plates. Add corn and tomatoes to the bowl, toss to coat with the dressing that remains, then spoon the mixture over the arugula and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||15 g (2 g sat, 11 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Serving 1
Exchanges 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
From EatingWell Summer 2004