Corn Tortilla Soup
This quick soup is a great use for leftover corn tortillas. Serve as a light starter for any Mexican meal.
From EatingWell: November 1997
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 corn tortillas, toasted and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Combine broth, garlic and ground cumin in a saucepan; bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add tortillas strips; simmer for 5 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt, pepper and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Per serving:
84 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 2 g fiber; 225 mg sodium; 51 mg potassium.
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 starch