Crab Salad with Pimiento Mayonnaise
Pimientos and a touch of cayenne enrich a light creamy dressing for a luxurious but healthful seafood salad that makes a sensational lunch or light supper.
From EatingWell: August/September 2005, July/August 1998, The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pimientos, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 2/3 cups cooked crab or lobster meat, picked over (see Ingredient note)
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, pimientos, garlic, salt and cayenne in a blender. Blend until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and mix in crab (or lobster). Adjust seasoning with salt and cayenne.
- Divide greens among 4 large plates and spoon salad on top. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- Ingredient Note: Four 1 1/4-pound lobsters yield 2 2/3 cups cooked meat.
Nutrition Per Serving: 107 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 71 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 18 g protein; 2 g fiber; 378 mg sodium; 571 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value), Vitamin C (35% dv), Folate (34% dv), Zinc (27% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 very lean meat