To keep calories in check, we like to use seltzer along with juice in drinks like vodka and cranberry. This version gets a raspberry twist with cranberry-raspberry juice and raspberries for garnish. For the prettiest garnish, start with big, plump fresh raspberries and freeze them yourself.
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes (including 1 hour freezing time)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, for garnish
- 2 cups cranberry-raspberry juice
- 2 cups seltzer
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus 4 wedges for garnish
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) vodka
- If using fresh raspberries, freeze them in a single layer for about 1 hour (or overnight) before proceeding with Step 2.
- Combine cranberry-raspberry juice, seltzer, lime juice and vodka in a pitcher. Divide among 4 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with frozen raspberries and lime wedges.
Nutrition Per serving:
163 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 6 mg sodium; 158 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value).
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit