This cranberry chutney is spiked with ginger, curry and crushed red pepper; serve alongside roast pork or chicken.
From EatingWell: November/December 1998
Yield: about 2 cups
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours (includes chilling time)
- 1 16-ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine cranberry sauce, vinegar, cinnamon stick, ginger, 1 teaspoon curry powder, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Cool. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Per Serving: 22 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 40 mg sodium; 5 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free Food