Red wine and cranberry sauce combine in this rich and savory sauce, perfect for roast pork or duck.
From EatingWell: November/December 1998
Yield: About 2 cups
Active Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 16-ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine cranberry sauce, broth, wine and shallot in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat; cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 2 cups, about 20 minutes. Season with vinegar, salt and pepper. Serve hot, with pork or duck.
Nutrition Per 2-tablespoon serving:
46 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 28 mg sodium; 19 mg potassium.
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate