Creamed Spinach Gratin
This quick and easy gratin will surely become a dinnertime staple.
From EatingWell: October 1997
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound frozen spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to at 450°F. Coat a gratin dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add spinach and garlic and sauté until fragrant. Remove from heat; stir in milk and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the spinach mixture in the prepared baking dish and top with breadcrumbs, Parmesan and oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutrition Per serving:
149 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 429 mg sodium; 444 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (267% daily value), Vitamin C (47% dv), Folate (40% dv), Calcium (24% dv), Magnesium (22% dv), Iron (15% dv).
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 fat