Creamy Garlic Dressing
This creamy garlic dressing recipe is enriched with low-fat buttermilk and low-fat mayonnaise. Try this thick, garlicky dressing as a sumptuous topping for potato, pasta or romaine salads.
From EatingWell: Summer 2002, January/February 2013, The Simple Art of EatingWell
Yield: About 1 cup
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Parmesan, soy sauce, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
10 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 89 mg sodium; 6 mg potassium.
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: Free Food