Creamy Lime-Chile Dressing
In addition to the Margarita Shrimp Salad, you can use this zingy dressing to make low-fat Caesar salad with romaine, croutons and Parmesan shavings. It also works well as a marinade for chicken.
From EatingWell: Spring 2003, The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Yield: About 1/2 cup
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded jalapeno, or serrano pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- To juice a lime: A lime at room temperature gives the most juice (11/2-2 tablespoons). Before juicing, roll the lime on the counter, pressing down with your hand. If the recipe calls for both zest and juice, grate the zest before squeezing the juice.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
20 calories; 1 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 81 mg sodium; 29 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Per tablespoon = free food
Try this recipe with: