Creamy Red Potato Salad
A dressing of nonfat yogurt enriched with a little reduced-fat mayonnaise and Dijon mustard replaces the heavier dressings in more traditional potato salad recipes.
Yield: 8 servings, 1 cup each
Active Time: 30
Total Time: 30
- 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Cover potatoes with cold water in a large saucepan; add salt and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Drain the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Toss with vinegar and season with pepper. Let cool.
- Whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Add to the potatoes, along with celery, scallions, parsley and dill, stirring gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Potassium (24% dv).
2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 starch