Creamy Spinach Dip
Try this light spinach dip made healthier with reduced-fat cream cheese, nonfat yogurt and low-fat cottage cheese instead of full-fat cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. It will save you a whopping 84 calories and 10 grams of fat per serving when compared to traditional versions. Serve it with pita chips and crunchy vegetables or spread it on a sandwich.Yield: about 2 1/2 cups
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 15
- 1 small shallot, peeled
- 1 5-ounce can water chestnuts, rinsed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, (Neufchâtel)
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Pulse shallot and water chestnuts in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pulse until just combined. Add spinach and chives and pulse until incorporated.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||3 g (2 g sat, 1 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin A (15% daily value).
Exchanges 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
From EatingWell January/February 2009