Creamy Tarragon Sauce
This sauce is like a creamy béarnaise sauce except it skips the butter, egg yolks and fuss. It's spiked with lemon juice, zesty Dijon mustard and, of course, tarragon. Try it with poached eggs or even grilled steak.
Yield: 1 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 6 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, tarragon, lemon juice, water, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
11 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 99 mg sodium; 21 mg potassium.
Exchanges: Free food