Crunchy Bok Choy Slaw
A versatile side dish to go with grilled meats or poultry. Crispy, crunchy and thoroughly delicious.
From EatingWell: August/September 2006
Yield: 8 servings, 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups very thinly sliced bok choy, (about a 1-pound head, trimmed)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Whisk vinegar, oil, sugar, mustard and salt in a large bowl until the sugar dissolves. Add bok choy, carrots and scallions; toss to coat with the dressing.
Nutrition Per serving:
33 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 1 g fiber; 132 mg sodium; 185 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (100% daily value), Vitamin C (40% dv).
Exchanges: 1 vegetable