An easy, cooling accompaniment to spicy dishes. Try it with Tandoori Chicken.
From EatingWell: January/February 1999, The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Yield: 1 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 2/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon rice-wine vinegar
- Pinch of ground cumin
- Dash of Tabasco, or other hot sauce
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl. Add cucumber, yogurt, cilantro, honey, vinegar, cumin and hot sauce. Stir to combine. Season with pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Nutrition Per Serving: 41 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 g fiber; 30 mg sodium; 36 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 vegetable