Curry Scallops & Cilantro Rice
This recipe pairs curry-coated scallops and brown rice seasoned with cilantro, scallions and lemon. For this recipe you’ll need 3 cups cooked brown rice. Serve with roasted carrots tossed with cumin and coriander.
From EatingWell: March/April 2012
Yield: 4 servings, about 3 scallops & 3/4 cup rice each
Active Time: 25
Total Time: 25
- 1 pound dry sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cooked instant or quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3-4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle both sides with curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until beginning to sizzle. Add the scallops and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- Add cooked rice, cilantro, scallions, lemon juice and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt to the pan. Cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Serve the scallops with the rice.
Nutrition Per Serving: 305 calories; 5 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 35 mg cholesterol; 44 g carbohydrates; 19 g protein; 3 g fiber; 750 mg sodium; 342 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value)
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat