Think of this dip as an Asian version of hummus, made with edamame, ginger and soy. Serve with rice crackers and/or carrot sticks.Yield: 6 servings, about 1/4 cup each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 75
- 8 ounces frozen shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Cook edamame according to package directions.
- Puree the cooked edamame, water, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, tahini, garlic, salt and hot sauce in a food processor until smooth. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||3 g (0 g sat, 1 g mono)|
Carbohydrate Serving 1/2
Exchanges 1/2 fat, 1/2 starch
From EatingWell September/October 2009