Try this easy egg salad on your favorite multigrain bread or on top of lightly dressed salad greens.
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
Yield: 1 serving
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, (see Tip), peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced scallion greens
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Mash eggs in a small bowl with a fork. Stir in celery, mayonnaise, mustard, scallion greens and pepper until combined.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Nutrition Per serving:
173 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 4 g mono); 424 mg cholesterol; 4 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 13 g protein; 0 g fiber; 394 mg sodium; 165 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (15% daily value).
Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat