This tangy dressing is from Claire's Restaurant & Bar in Hardwick, Vermont. Chef Steven Obranovich cautions that the subtle briny notes of feta can sometimes be overpowered by too much lemon or an olive oil that's too fruity. Saltiness varies from feta to feta too. Add the ingredients a little at a time and taste as you go.
From EatingWell: July/August 2009
Yield: about 3/4 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil, or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, preferably mild-flavored
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Place sunflower (or canola) oil, olive oil, feta, cider vinegar, red-wine vinegar, lemon juice, pepper and salt in a blender and puree until combined. Adjust seasoning with additional lemon juice, salt or pepper, if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving: 69 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 83 mg sodium; 4 mg potassium.
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 1/2 fat