Fresh Blackberry Sauce
An uncooked sauce with a lovely blackberry flavor. Serve over vanilla frozen yogurt or with a slice of angel food cake.
From EatingWell: July/August 2008, July/August 1993
Yield: About 2 cups
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 pints blackberries
- 2 tablespoons blackberry brandy
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey, preferably berry-blossom honey
- Pick over the berries and reserve 1 cup of the smallest and most attractive. Puree the remaining 2 cups berries in a food processor with the brandy, orange juice and honey. Transfer the mixture to a sieve set over a medium bowl. Press the puree through the sieve and discard the seeds.
- Just before serving, stir in the reserved whole berries.
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1; cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
Nutrition Per 2-tablespoon serving:
30 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 50 mg potassium.
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate