These simple sautéed mushrooms work as a quick, weeknight side dish. To turn them into a main course, toss with cooked pasta and a generous handful of Parmesan cheese or fold into an omelet with Gruyère, fontina or Swiss cheese.Yield: 4 servings, about 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 20
Total Time: 20
- 1 ounce bacon, (about 11/2 slices), chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds mixed mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake (stemmed) and portobello, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until just beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost dry, 8 to 10 minutes. Pour in wine and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||3 g (1 g sat, 1 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Potassium (23% daily value).
Carbohydrate Serving 1/2
Exchanges 1 vegetable, 1 fat