Goat Cheese & Tomato Dressing
Tomatoes and goat cheese pair deliciously in this dressing. If you don't have tarragon, try this with another fresh herb like basil or thyme.
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
Yield: About 1 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Combine goat cheese, vinegar and maple syrup in a blender or food processor and blend until combined. Add oil and tomatoes and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tarragon.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
44 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 85 mg sodium; 24 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat