Try customizing this basic recipe with your favorite dried fruits and nuts.
From EatingWell: Spring 2004, The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005), The Essential EatingWell Cookbook (2004)
Yield: 2 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 ounce whole shelled (unpeeled) almonds
- 1/4 ounce unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/4 ounce dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted dates
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chocolate chips
- Combine almonds, peanuts, cranberries, dates and chocolate chips in a small bowl.
Nutrition Per Serving: 102 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 2 g fiber; 29 mg sodium; 69 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium, magnesium, fiber, vitamins E and C.
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat