Grape Jello Jigglers
Forget the artificial colors and flavors–our hand-held grape jello jiggler is made with fruit juice and packed with apples and grapes–a treat you can feel good about eating.
Yield: 16 servings
Active Time: 20
Total Time: 210
- 2 cups white grape juice
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold purple grape juice or additional white grape juice
- 1 medium red apple, diced
- 1 cup diced green and red seedless grapes
- Bring 2 cups white grape juice to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Meanwhile, pour water into a large heatproof bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over the water; let stand for 3 minutes. Add the juice and stir to completely dissolve the gelatin, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sugar and stir for 1 minute to dissolve. Whisk in purple grape (or additional white grape) juice.
- Refrigerate until the mixture is the consistency of thin pudding and is just starting to set around the edges, 1 to 1 3/4 hours. The time will vary depending on the size of your bowl and how cold your refrigerator is. After 1 hour, start checking every 5 to 10 minutes because it thickens quickly after that.
- Gently but thoroughly whisk the mixture until it’s uniform. Stir in diced fruit. Pour into a 9-by-13-inch pan. Cover the pan with plastic wrap, without touching the jello.
- Refrigerate until very firm, about 3 hours. To test if it’s ready, touch it with your finger. If your finger does not stick, it’s done.
- Run a small, sharp knife around the edge of the pan. Cut into 16 squares then gently pry the squares out with a butter knife.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Refrigerate for up to 3 days; unmold just before serving.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (24% daily value)
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 carbohydrate (other), 1/2 fruit