Simple Green Salad with Citronette
Frisée and radicchio are both assertive, slightly bitter greens that add color and texture to any salad. Match them with mellower-flavored greens, such as red leaf lettuce, baby spinach or even Boston lettuce.Yield: 6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each (plus 2/3 cup extra dressing)
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 15
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups torn peppery and/or bitter greens, such as frisee, watercress, radicchio or arugula
- 8 cups mild greens, such as Boston lettuce, mesclun, baby spinach or baby romaine
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Combine orange juice, lemon juice, oil, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Close the jar and shake until well combined.
- Place greens and onion in a large salad bowl; toss with 1/3 cup of the dressing.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature and shake before using.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||3 g (0 g sat, 2 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin A (63% daily value), Vitamin C (27% dv)
Carbohydrate Serving 0
Exchanges 1 vegetable, 1 fat
From EatingWell March/April 2012