Grilled Rosemary-Salmon Skewers
If you can find (or grow) them, use sturdy rosemary branches, stripped of leaves, as skewers for these Italian salmon kebabs; they'll add a subtle, smoky flavor that hints of pine. Oil your grill well to prevent sticking, don't move the kebabs around unnecessarily and keep a close eye on the fire to avoid flare-ups.Yield: 4 servings, 2 skewers each
Active Time: 30
Total Time: 30
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound center-cut salmon fillet, skinned (see Tip) and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine rosemary, oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add salmon; toss to coat. Alternating the salmon and tomatoes, divide among eight 12-inch skewers.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Grill the skewers, carefully turning once, until the salmon is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes total. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare the skewers (Step 2), cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Proceed with grilling (Steps 1 & 3) when ready to serve. | Equipment: Eight 12-inch skewers
- Tips: How to skin a salmon fillet: Place skin-side down. Starting at the tail end, slip a long knife between the fish flesh and the skin, holding down firmly with your other hand. Gently push the blade along at a 30° angle, separating the fillet from the skin without cutting through either.
- To oil the grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Don't use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||7 g (1 g sat, 3 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Selenium (60% daily value), Vitamin C (25% dv), Potassium (17% dv), Vitamin A (15% dv), excellent source of omega-3s.
Exchanges 3 1/2 lean meat