Herb Butter Spread
Try this herb butter spread with olive oil to top corn on the cob. Make a few batches at a time and store in the refrigerator for an easy way to jazz up sweet corn all summer long. Use it cold or let it come to room temperature before serving.
From EatingWell: July/August 2012
Yield: 4 servings, about 2 teaspoons each
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, parsley or chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Mash butter in a small bowl with the back of a spoon until soft and creamy. Stir in oil until combined. Mix in herbs, salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Per Serving: 57 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 0 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 146 mg sodium; 5 mg potassium.
0 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fat