Dried herbs and crushed garlic dress up your favorite olives.
From EatingWell: Fall 2004, The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Yield: 16 servings, about 4 olives each
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups of your favorite olives
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Toss olives, oil, oregano, basil, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl.
Nutrition Per serving:
47 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 245 mg sodium; 0 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Monounsaturated fats.
Exchanges: free food