Extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice are the backbone of this dressing, but it gets a unique toasty flavor from tahini.
From EatingWell: March/April 2009
Yield: About 1 1/4 cups
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup tahini, (see Tip)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine lemon juice, oil, tahini, honey and garlic in a blender, a jar with a tight-fitting lid or a medium bowl. Blend, shake or whisk until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Tip: Tahini is a thick paste of ground sesame seeds. Look for it in large supermarkets in the Middle Eastern section or near other nut butters.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
66 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 118 mg sodium; 28 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat