Iced Cucumber-Lemon Soup
You can substitute dill, cilantro or basil for the mint in this refreshing cucumber-lemon soup. An easy way to make crushed ice is to fill clean milk or juice cartons with water and freeze. Then place the carton in a large plastic bag and smash with a hammer.
From EatingWell: July/August 1993
Yield: 6 servings, scant 1 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 5 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, (2 scallions)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups crushed ice
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine cucumbers, mint, scallions, lemon juice, zest and sugar in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Add ice and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately in chilled bowls.
Nutrition Per serving:
38 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 58 mg sodium; 378 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (25% daily value).
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable