This tangy marinade, spiked with the Indian spice blend garam masala, is a terrific way to enliven chicken, tofu or pork chops.
From EatingWell: July/August 2011
Yield: About 3/4 cup, for 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup grated or minced onion (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garam masala (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Whisk onion, lemon (or lime) juice, oil, garam masala and salt in a bowl until well combined.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Note: Garam masala, a blend of spices used in Indian cooking, usually includes cardamom, black pepper, cloves, nutmeg, fennel, cumin and coriander. It is available in the spice section of most supermarkets.
- Nutrition note: Based on Test Kitchen results, 2 teaspoons of marinade are absorbed per serving.
Nutrition Per serving:
15 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 98 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
0 Carbohydrate Serving