You don't have to sit around a fire to enjoy S'mores. Just be sure to watch them carefully under the broiler—the marshmallows can go from perfectly toasted to charcoal in a hurry.Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 5
Total Time: 5
- 2 whole graham crackers, broken in half
- 4 marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- Position oven rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat broiler.
- Place graham cracker halves on a baking sheet; top each with 1 marshmallow. Broil, with the oven door ajar and watching carefully, until the marshmallows are golden brown, 45 to 75 seconds. Remove from the oven and drizzle each S’more with a little melted chocolate.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To melt chocolate: Microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium in 20-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval. Or place in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
- Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet is great for everything from roasting to catching accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape, line them with a layer of foil before each use.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||3 g (1 g sat, 0 g mono)|
Carbohydrate Serving 1
Exchanges 1 carbohydrate (other)
From EatingWell January/February 2009