Italian Roasted Snap Peas
Serve this Italian-inspired combination of sweet snap peas, leeks and tomatoes with roast chicken or garlic-rubbed grilled steaks.Yield: 4 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 35
- 1 large leek, white part only, halved lengthwise and thoroughly washed
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut leek halves into 2-inch lengths and then very thinly slice each piece lengthwise, yielding 2-inch-long strips. Toss the leek strips, peas, oil and salt in a medium bowl. Spread evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 15 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Return to the oven and roast until the vegetables begin to brown, about 10 minutes more. Toss with oregano and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||2 g (0 g sat, 2 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Vitamin C (45% daily value), Vitamin A (35% dv).
Carbohydrate Serving 2
Exchanges 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat
From EatingWell May/June 2008