Japanese Cucumber Salad
This Japanese inspired cool, crisp salad is as elegant and well balanced as it is simple.Yield: 4 servings, about 1 cup each
Active Time: 15
Total Time: 15
- 2 medium cucumbers, or 1 large English cucumber
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
- Peel cucumbers to leave alternating green stripes. Slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise; scrape the seeds out with a spoon. Using a food processor or sharp knife, cut into very thin slices. Place in a double layer of paper towel and squeeze gently to remove any excess moisture.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a medium bowl, stirring to dissolve. Add the cucumbers and sesame seeds; toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To toast sesame seeds, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
Nutrition Per Serving
|fat||2 g (0 g sat, 0 g mono)|
Nutrition Bonus Iron (35% daily value).
Exchanges 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
From EatingWell June/July 2005