Lemon-Dill Green Beans
This lemon and dill vinaigrette is a natural complement to green beans. It's also great tossed with steamed asparagus or drizzled over sliced fresh tomatoes. To make this recipe serve 10, multiply all the ingredients by 2 1/2: Use 2 1/2 pounds green beans, 3 tablespoons dill, 2 1/2 tablespoons each shallot, oil and lemon juice, 2 1/2 teaspoons mustard and 3/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
From EatingWell: May/June 2009, November/December 2010
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Bring an inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add green beans, cover and cook until tender-crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, whisk dill, shallot, oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the green beans and toss to coat. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving to blend flavors.
Nutrition Per Serving: 74 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 4 g fiber; 163 mg sodium; 178 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (20% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat