Lemon Frozen Yogurt
Five ingredients work are all you need to make this lemon frozen yogurt.
From EatingWell: July/August 1994
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, preferably instant-dissolving, divided
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 cups vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Stir together 1/4 cup sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in a small bowl, until sugar is dissolved.
- Process frozen yogurt in a food processor until smooth and slightly softened. Add the sugar-lemon mixture and process until combined. (Alternatively, allow the frozen yogurt to soften slightly and whisk together with the sugar-lemon mixture in a medium bowl until well-combined.) Scoop the frozen yogurt into chilled dessert dishes and return to the freezer to firm up for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together raspberries and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl; let stand until the berries are juicy, about 15 minutes. Spoon over the frozen yogurt.
Nutrition Per Serving: 224 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrates; 8 g protein; 2 g fiber; 97 mg sodium; 389 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (28% daily value), Calcium (26% dv).
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 fat-free milk, 1 1/2 carbohydrate