Adding yogurt to mayonnaise not only lowers the fat, it adds a refreshing tanginess. Spoon over grilled fish or chicken or use as a sandwich spread or vegetable dip.
From EatingWell: July/August 1998
Yield: About 1 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as tarragon or basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, herbs and shallot in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
17 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 52 mg sodium; 9 mg potassium.