Adding yogurt to mayonnaise not only lowers the fat, it adds a refreshing tanginess. Spoon over grilled fish or chicken or use as a sandwich spread or vegetable dip.
Yield: about 1 cup
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 10
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as tarragon or basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, herbs and shallot in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.