Lemony Carrot Salad with Dill
Carrots are great keepers, so this makes a handy, refreshing salad when you haven't had time to shop for fresh greens. It brightens up a tuna sandwich too.
From EatingWell: Fall 2004, EatingWell Serves Two, The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Yield: 4 servings, 1/2 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups grated carrots, (4 medium-large)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add carrots, dill and scallions; toss to coat. Chill until serving time.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Per serving:
90 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 5 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 184 mg sodium; 198 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (130% daily value), Vitamin C (15% dv).
1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat