Lemony Sugar Snap & Chicken Stir-Fry
This recipe uses the speedy cooking technique of a stir-fry, but instead of the typical Asian seasonings, it is brightened with lemon zest and parsley.
Yield: 4 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each
Active Time: 35
Total Time: 35
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, or snow peas (4 cups), trimmed of stem ends and strings
- 1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut chicken into 1-by-2-inch strips; season with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow pan and dredge the chicken strips in it, shaking off excess. (Discard any leftover flour.)
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add peas and stir-fry until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan and heat on medium-high until shimmering. Add chicken and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and opaque in the center, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the chicken to the bowl with the peas.
- Add broth and garlic to the pan; cook until reduced to 1 cup, 6 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and return the chicken and peas to the pan. Cook until heated through. Add parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (26% daily value).
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 vegetable, 4 very lean meat