Light Ranch Dressing
If you love ranch dressing, this horseradish-spiked version could be your new house favorite.
From EatingWell: May/June 1996, The EatingWell Diabetes Cookbook (2005)
Yield: About 1 cup
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, scallions, dill, parsley, lemon juice, horseradish, salt and pepper in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Per tablespoon:
12 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 132 mg sodium; 54 mg potassium.
Exchanges: free food