Mango Lassi Smoothie
A lassi is an Indian smoothie made with yogurt, sometimes offered as an aperitif or as a "side" to calm down a fiery meal. Thanks to a ripe mango and orange-flower water, this version is sweet and fragrant. It's perfect for an afternoon refresher or an after-dinner treat.
From EatingWell: Summer 2003
Yield: 2 servings, 3/4 cup each
Active Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/3 cup peach sorbet
- 1/2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon orange-flower water, (optional, see Ingredient Note)
- Place ingredients in the order listed in a blender. Pulse twice to chop mango, stir well, then blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Ingredient Note: Orange-flower water is a perfumy distillation of bitter-orange blossoms. Look for it at gourmet markets.
Nutrition Per serving:
170 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 2 g fiber; 44 mg sodium; 330 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (70% daily value), Vitamin A (15% dv).
2 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 1/2 fruit