Lime zest, juice and a hint of sugar bring out the flavor of the mango and raspberries in this quick fruit sauce.
From EatingWell: July/August 1995
Yield: 6 servings
Active Time: 10
Total Time: 10
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- Combine mangoes, lime zest, lime juice and sugar in a medium bowl, stirring gently to combine. Put raspberries on top (do not stir them in.)
- Just before serving, gently stir in the raspberries.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Prepare through Step 1; cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
Try This Recipe With:
Nutrition Per Serving: 62 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 16 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 3 g fiber; 2 mg sodium; 142 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (42% daily value).
1 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 1 fruit