Marsala-Poached Figs over Ricotta
Vanilla-infused ricotta cheese is the perfect foil for saucy poached figs.
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Yield: 2 servings
Active Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup quartered dried figs
- 1/4 cup Marsala or port
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon toasted slivered almonds
- Place figs, Marsala (or port) and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the figs soften and the wine is syrupy. Stir together ricotta, sugar and vanilla. Divide between 2 bowls and top with the fig mixture and almonds.
Nutrition Per serving:
259 calories; 7 g fat (3 g sat, 3 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 5 g fiber; 86 mg sodium; 444 mg potassium.
2 1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1 medium-fat meat